Anyway, here's where I am:
The two grants I'm planning to write for this class are 1) Aetna and 2) New Belgium Brewing.
My next steps are:
1. Research.
It's time to get very specific with what our answers are for some questions these grants seem to have in common: Description of program, strategy, our experience, expected results & how they're measured, etc. Some of these I can find on our website, and for others I need to schedule meetings with coworkers to get the info I need.
2. Compare grants.
I need to get deeper into the applications instead of the quick overview that I've given them so far to find out where I can duplicate text between them and where each one needs its own data.
3. Budget.
I'm a bit nervous about this part of the writing process, so I want to get on it as soon as possible (plus, some of my coworkers are hard to nail down, so I need to set meetings now for the next few weeks).
4. Spreadsheet.
I've started the spreadsheet that we've talked about in class, but it's not very full yet. One of my high-priority items needs to be getting that together. My boss wants me to look into grants (or at least be aware of them) from REI and Blue Cross in addition to the ones I'm working on for class, so I want to be sure to get those down. The Blue Cross grant will probably ask for similar things as the Aetna grant.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something really major, but these are the things at the front of my mind right now.
You are so lucky to have your 2 projects so tangible so early in class, plus that they are for the same organization, allowing for that shared info, AND that you can go stand in people's offices if you don't get a response! (And to be able to work on school work at work. Nice.) Wow, it is a good thing for me to see an example of how it can all come together, since my situation is not at all like yours. I'm spending so much time trying to accomplish some of the basics, like finding a sponsor and getting info from the organization, that it seems like I'm missing out on some of the little helpful tidbits that will probably be the long-lasting gems of the course, like the development of the spreadsheet. Please keep posting updates - they offer insight!
ReplyDelete