Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meet Penelope

I started following @Garcia_BAU because Penelope Garcia is probably my favorite character on Criminal Minds. (Okay, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with someone on Criminal Minds who isn't my favorite, but the rest of them don't seem to have Twitter accounts.)

At 18,701 followers (and only following 2), it's safe to say this is a pretty popular account. It helps that she live-tweets during every episode of both the original show and the new spinoff, and does so perfectly in character. It's generally accepted that Kirsten Vangsness, the actress who plays Penelope, is the one responsible for the tweets. And of course, since Penelope is the team's computer guru, it is appropriate the she, of all the team, is the one maintaining a Twitter account. It ties in with the show really well.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Penelope is my favorite too. I think it's really interesting that she adds an extension of the show online by Tweeting during the show. I am so glad you brought my attention to this!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!