Monday, February 7, 2011

Government & Social Media

I just ran across this article on FastCompany about how the government isn't doing a great job of using social media. Very interesting!

2 comments:

  1. What I find interesting about the government is that for the most part, they tend to be behind the times simply due to the size and unnecessary complexity of their own bureaucracies. I highly doubt that, due to the very existence of inefficient bureaucracy in government, it will never be able to keep up with social media as it grows organically online as the latter is often spontaneous in nature, whereas the former typically requires one to go through so much red tape that they're constantly playing catch-up.

    The way things are going, I highly believe that social media and it's effects on the citizenry will come to rule the government with an iron fist, barring a massive overhaul of the way our government does business.

    This, in my humble opinion, is most certainly a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree-- both about the govt being unable to keep up with changing media & about the citizenry having a tighter control.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!